Monday, December 15, 2008

Emery Christine Green

So I apologize for not updating my blog for a month! Things have been a little hectic in my life since Emery arrived. She is so much fun! She makes me laugh everyday..with her facial expressions and noises. And she is getting so big! She was born November 14, and was 8 lbs 12 oz. Yeah... a little bigger than I wanted for my first baby...(ouch!) But I guess that's over now. She was 20 1/2 inches...and now she is a month old and is well over 10 lbs and is wearing her 3 month clothing already! She is growing like a weed! Being a mom is challenging, but it is so amazing and rewarding. I couldn't imagine my life without this special little addition to our eternal family....
This was after the delivery...I pushed for a straight hour before she decided to come out. I did have an epidural, however, it wore off when I started pushing...so I felt a lot!!! Ouch!! Her oxygen levels were low when she came out..she wasn't screaming or crying like most baby's. It sounded like whimpering or something. Anyways..I saw her and held her for 2 seconds before they took her to the nursery. They said she had sucked a lot of amniotic fluid into her lungs, but a couple hrs later they brought her in to nurse while they monitored her oxygen. She did great...so they gave her a bath.....that got her screamin!!!
She had quite the cone head after delivery..but its normal now..lol!

Proud daddy...(who is totally wrapped around her little finger by the way..) He doesn't have much patience when she cries though! she makes one peep and he hands her off to mommy! lol! He does help out and change a few diapers now and then...











2 comments:

Amber said...

So Dang Cute!
what a day hu?!?
your title pic is soooo cute.
way neet idea!
can't wait to move to idaho...
and see you three!,

luvs...
Dlewis family

The Martins said...

Congratulations! She is a doll! What an angel. Newborns are so much fun - enjoy every second, they grow way too fast!