Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Happenings of February

I just thought I would add a few things that happened in the weeks before Gage arrived.  
I am 39 weeks in this picture...whoa mama!! 
 We had a great Valentines day.  Emery came home with lots of valentines and treats from her preschool class and we made sugar cookies.  Here she is posing with the little valentine from her dad and I.  
My husband made Valentine's Day so special this year.  First, he had roses delivered to me at our house.  (such a surprise!) Then when he got home from work he kicked me out of the house for a little while, made arrangements for someone to watch Emery and then when I got home he greeted me at the door and walked me inside to this...He said he was trying for an olive garden type dinner...which he did a pretty good job of, by the way.  He made chicken fettuccine, with a side salad, and bread sticks.  WOW!  I was so impressed. The only thing he ever cooks is scrambled eggs! He did an awesome job.  And only burnt just a few bread sticks. ;)  It was so nice to have a quiet evening together in our own home. Then we got my favorite treat, frozen hot chocolate from DQ. (I craved that soooo mush while prego) 

Emery had a blast playin with her dad in the snow, making snow angels and a snow man. I wish I could have helped, but bending down was a little hard at that point!  We didn't have any of the usual things for the snowman's face so we ended up using pink and red M&Ms from V-day for his mouth,  large chocolate chips to make his eyes, and I found an old marker with an orange lid to resemble a carrot nose.  (Em was a little confused but thought it was fun all the same!)  
And just to think, 4 days later I was in the hospital having a baby!
The delivery room "glamour shot", before all the sweat came to flatten my hair and ruin my makeup..haha.
It's funny for me to look at these pictures.  For someone who wasn't there they just look like "Hey we're happy to have a baby, all is well."  But what I was really thinking was, "Hurry up take the dang pictures, here comes a contraction.  Oh my gosh that hurts!!"  
 And just 2 hours from the time we arrived at the hospital here is our little stud...
 Emery holding her brother for the first time.
 Grandpa Green holding his 4th grandchild.  I don't know why but we didn't get pictures of anyone else..ha.

We came home the next day.  And he was a great baby...until he started screaming non-stop.  He had a little colic and then we found out it was mostly acid reflux, even though he wasn't spitting up.  Now with medication he is doing a lot better.  Thank goodness!!!
Just a few days old I got a smile right before I snapped the picture...love it.  He kinda looks like a bald old man!

No comments: